If you are not redirected in five seconds, click here.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Desserts For Fall: Butter Pecan Pumpkin Pie & A Pie Bar!!



Now when it comes to trivial choices, I am a very indecisive person.  In fact, if you ask me what my favorite color is, I can never make up my mind and constantly go back and forth, questioning everyone around me until I have finally come to a decision.  I mean, who can decide when there are so many gorgeous hues out there?

So I am quite pleased with myself that I have finally been able to declare that my all time favorite flavor of ice cream is Butter Pecan; probably because it is the only flavor that has that hint of salt that I love.

And although I like a nice mint chocolate chip and cookies & cream from time to time, I am so very happy to have settled on a favorite.  And this is why I am so excited to bring you today's 'dessert for fall', Butter Pecan Pumpkin Pie!  Yum . . .

Butter Pecan Pumpkin Pie


Ingredients
~ 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened
~ 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
~ 1 cup canned pumpkin
~ 1/2 cup sugar
~ 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg
~ 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
~ 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
~ 1/2 cup chocolate ice cream topping, optional
~ Additional whipped cream

Directions

1.) Spread ice cream into the crust; freeze for 2 hours or until firm.

2.) In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg; fold in whipped cream. Spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm. May be frozen for up to 2 months.

3.) Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before slicing. Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping. Drizzle with chocolate ice cream topping if desired. Dollop with whipped cream.

Yield: 8 servings.

And here are a few ideas on how to serve your pies, in case you are making a bar of it and serving more than one flavor (this would be quite nice for a fall wedding, an autumn bridal shower, a 'Sweet as Pie' baby shower, or a Thanksgiving spread, don't you think?)





Love the idea of using fruit boxes as stands . . .


And the thought of wooden tree stumps even more . . .



Happy First Day of Autumn to you, and have a wonderful weekend!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment